Covid-19 Vaccine Contract Storage
COVID-19 Vaccine Contract Storage is in high demand, which is a major challenge due to the differing storage temperatures in comparison to standard vaccines. Given the novelty of these vaccines, there is little data for the stability of these products being shipped and stored over time. Initial shipments of the vaccine will need to be transported and stored at -80 Celsius. This represents a significant challenge as the majority of existing cold chain distribution channels are not set up for these conditions and are scrambling to adapt quickly. Precision Stability Storage is uniquely positioned and ready for these challenges.
Currently, there are over 170 COVID-19 vaccines in development, with 30 of them in clinical trials, according to the World Health Organization. Additionally, even after the first vaccines are properly tested, there will be ongoing testing on newer and better vaccines for COVID-19 virus and better preparations for viruses yet to come, all of them needing to be stored at vaccine-untypical conditions.
PSS Vaccine Storage Offerings
In time, proper stability testing will help identify which vaccines are both effective and able to be stored and handled at more economical conditions like 5°C.
Precision Stability Storage offers Contract Vaccine Storage:
- Precisely controlled storage environments for stability testing or to maintain effective vaccine potency.
- Refrigerator cold rooms that come in various volumes to fit your needs.
- Ultra-Cold Freezers, Deep Freezers, and Standard Laboratory Freezers for long-term storage.
- FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliant monitoring system for all freezer, refrigerated, stability, and ambient storage options.
- Vaccine and pharmaceutical storage chambers and rooms that have a track record of longevity and efficiency through work with some of the largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies throughout the world.
- Pick-up and delivery within a 70-mile radius of each facility,
Precision Stability Storage offers multiple facilities that are uniquely set up to offer a variety of conditions for studying the stability of vaccines as well as providing a regional hub for local distribution to administration sites within health department networks.
Vaccine Storage Process and Conditions
More established Vaccines (non-COVID19) are considered the most economical way to protect populations against most infectious diseases. Vaccines help to protect millions of lives each year, but hundreds of thousands of lives are lost due to vaccines becoming unstable during the storage process.
Proper storage in chambers that have the appropriate stability and uniformity, even at the 5°C, is critical. At 5°C, a significant amount of vaccines are lost due to accidental freezing (the largest source of vaccine loss). Additionally, undocumented temperature excursions may also occur, which can lead to ineffective vaccines being passed unknowingly on to patients.
Precision offers a wide variety of contract storage conditions which are not limited to:
- 5°C (2°C to 8°C)
We also keep the following highly regulated ICH recommended stability storage conditions:
- Long-Term and Intermediate conditions of 25°C/40%RH, 25°C/60%RH, 30°C/65%RH, 30°C/75%RH, 30°C/35%RH
- Accelerated storage of 40°C/not more than (NMT) 25%RH, 40°C/75%RH
Request a Quote
Three locations to meet your needs:
Precision Stability Storage is located just outside of RTP—the main base of pharma in North Carolina—in Wilson, NC and in Hopedale, Massachusetts, just west of Boston. Our third location, in Fort Lauderdale, FL, is strategically located for easy access to the I-95 corridor just north of Miami. Learn more about our facilities.